Subject: Re: ne1, ne2, wss0 -- irq conflict help
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@spacestar.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/13/2000 15:37:55
On Sun, Aug 13, 2000 2:53 PM, David Maxwell <mailto:david@vex.net> wrote:
>Now, in my config, I did actually have two physical cards at first, but
>I still had this problem after removing one.
>
>I used the configure disk for the card to disable PnP, and use
>9/280 for the card, and then it was fine.
>
>Enabling PnP and making sure the card doesn't have that IO 300
>in the prom should work too - but in my case I'm going to be installing
>multiple cards and I want them hardwired down.

From my 1.3.2 machine:
cougar$ grep ^ne COUGAR
ne0     at isa? port 0x280 irq 9                # NE[12]000 ethernet cards
ne1     at isa? port 0x300 irq 10               # NE[12]000 ethernet cards
cougar$ grep ^#ne COUGAR
#ne*    at pci? dev ? function ?        # NE2000-compatible Ethernet
#ne*    at isapnp?                      # NE2000-compatible Ethernet
#ne*    at pcmcia? function ?           # NE2000-compatible Ethernet
cougar$

" Stamp out root logins .  .  .  . su "   --Bruce Anderson
 This message was created and sent using Cyberdog 2.0, MacOS 8.6,
 awk, find, sed, sendmail, sh, and NetBSD a free Multi-Platform OS.