Subject: Re: Intel EtherExpress not detecting
To: Daniel Dickinson <perrancan@yahoo.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/11/2000 18:25:18
On Fri, 11 Aug 2000, Daniel Dickinson wrote:

: I've enabled the ix driver in the config file (1.4.2)
: and recompile but the probe still doesn't detect my
: NIC.  I have set the port and IRQ to the port and IRQ
: the card as set at so I'm not sure what gives.  Does
: the EtherExpress driver require use of the default
: port / irq assignments?

Does your card say, in white lettering on the card, "INTEL 8/16 LAN ADAPTER"
or "INTEL ETHEREXPRESS 16 LAN ADAPTER"?  The former I've _never_ been able
to get to work.  However, you can try the following:

Make sure the softset sets up a _32k_ mapped memory segment.  If possible,
put it at D0000.  That is one thing I had to do to get a real EE16 working.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  http://www.wasabisystems.com/