Subject: Re: gcc and compiling.
To: Ben Bogart <bbogart@acs.ryerson.ca>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/11/2000 12:31:25
Ben Bogart <bbogart@acs.ryerson.ca> writes:

> I've been trying to compile the aol web server but I cannot get it to
> compile. This is the error I am getting:
>
> tcl8x.c:48: redefinition of `Tcl_ThreadCreateProc'
> ../include/tcl.h:402: `Tcl_ThreadCreateProc' previously declared here
> tcl8x.c:290: syntax error before `*'
> gmake[1]: *** [tcl8x.o] Error 1
> gmake: *** [all] Error 1

I've seen this, and solved it, a long time ago, and I have a vague
feeling that it may have been a case of a header file from an existing
(and different) TCL installation being read by accident.  (As in: it
found a TCL header file under /usr/local/include instead of reading it
from the distributed subtree of the application it came with.)

-tih
--
The basic difference is this: hackers build things, crackers break them.
                                                     --Eric S. Raymond