Subject: Re: SOUND BLASTER INTERRUPT CONFIGURATION
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/08/2000 11:20:52
	I've tried two different cards with this machine.  One is a modern
Creative Labs Sound blaster with pnp support.  NetBSD 1.2g has isapnp
support in it and this card probes with isapnp settings, which look
reasonable.  the behavior of the driver is as if interrupts are merely
disabled.  No stray interrupts get generated and the  processes writing to
the audio device get stuck in "aud wr".
	The second card is not a pnp capable device and probes with the message
that the card is configured for an invalid interrupt.  If I use a hard
coded interrupt in the configuration file, it probes like the pnp capable
card, and behaves the same way.  That is, interrupts never get generated.

	I don't know why versions of NetBSD later than 1.3 seem to hang this
machine.  They seem to hang the isa bus in some way.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
-Brian