Subject: Re: gcc and compiling.
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 <bbogart@acs.ryerson.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 08/08/2000 08:22:28
Thanks for the hlp, but this Makefile actually compiles its own hacked
version of tcl8.3.0 (and others for that matter) It's something to do
with the actual compiling process. I think it's really an issue of what
are the right gcc options to put in the Makefile.

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Ben Bogart wrote:
>
> > I've been trying to compile the aol web server but I cannot get it to
> > compile. This is the error I am getting:
>

> > TCL8X_DIR=tcl8.3.0
> > TCL8X_LIB=libtcl8.3g.a
>
> I guess that means they're looking for tcl8.3. It should say
> explicitly, though, exactly what version of tcl is required. Someone
> was going to make a "tcl83" package, but evidently has not.
>
> You might try getting tcl8.3.x off of scriptics web site, and see if
> it compiles on NetBSD.
>

> Frederick

B. Bogart
Convergent Media Designer
Through scientific absolution we move further and further away from ourselves.