Subject: Re: helping Linux users switch to NetBSD
To: Eduardo Horvath <eeh@turbolinux.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/28/2000 01:48:16
On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Eduardo Horvath wrote:
> This would be best handled with the automounter.  We are shipping sample
> automounter maps in /usr/share/examples/amd.  I propose we move them into
> /etc so when you enable amd everything just works instead of having to
> muck with config files.  Since amd defaults to off, it isn't a security
> hole until amd is explicitly turned on.

Right, and as soon as someone turns it on, it may do things he does'nt
want, and that he doesn't even know about.  Moving the files from
share/examples/amd to /etc/amd, but disabling them in etc/amd/master would
be ok IMHO.

 - Hubert

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!