Subject: Re: Trying to use cdrecord.
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Olaf Seibert <rhialto@polderland.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/25/2000 01:35:36
On Mon 24 Jul 2000 at 18:32:46 -0400, Andrew Gillham wrote:
> Can your Alpha share a single disk with NetBSD, Linux, VMS and Tru64?
> Or eCos, VxWorks, etc?

I don't know, I never tried. (I could theoretically only try Linux
anyway, since I have none of the others)

As far as I am aware, the partition-d hack is rather dependent on the
fdisk-style partitioning anyway. It works only if there is only one "the
netbsd part of the disk". The Amiga port, for instance, does not have a
special d partition and (at least when I used it for a while) NetBSD's
partitions are each partitions in the native Amiga partitioning scheme.
(I am not really suggesting that NetBSD/i386 also do this, because fdisk
partitioning is rather inferior to Amiga's RigidDiskBlock partitioning
scheme).

> -Andrew
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert - rhialto@polder   -- Ah only did well at school
\X/ land.nl      -- tae git intae an O level class tae git away fae Begbie.