Subject: Re: aperature driver
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: Oleg Polyanski <luke@jetinf.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/22/2000 01:14:23
Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com> writes:

>  > >  >   I'd love to do this for 1.5, but I think it is too late?
>  > >
>  > > If it includes the XF86 MTRR code, please no!
>  >
>  >         Why?
>
> Also, using ioctls for it is totally wrong; it should be done w/
> sysarch(2).

        Agreed. But this  API was  invented  by FreeBSD crowd  not by XFree86
        team. I've  cleaned  up this  code  once  and replaced  ioctl's  with
        sysarch calls    but serious  hardware  failure  prevented   me  from
        finalizing  the work. Hope, I will  finish this weekend  and could be
        able to submit version  2 of patches  to Frank. Patches include  MTRR
        support for  P2+ and K6+ CPUs, some  syscalls routed  through sysarch
        and piece of code for XFree86.