Subject: Re: boot-big.fs broken for 1.5?
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Dr. Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/20/2000 08:12:47
Frank van der Linden wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 10:22:14AM -0700, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
> > There, I just pulled up to netbsd-1-5 the fix I committed to the trunk
> > for this problem.
>
> Actually, that revision didn't work for me.. ustarfs needs a magik file
> to see that it has a size other than the default 1.44M. So I added
> that one in the next revision. I forgot to send a pullup request so far.
> I also added padding to the boot-big floppy, so that mkisofs likes it.

  Thanks a lot, Jason and Frank, for fixing this so quickly!  I will try
out the new image in the next minutes.  However, I believe, that there
may be a

  mv ${IMAGE}.tmp ${IMAGE}

  missing at the end of the ${PAD} specific part in
"basesrc/distrib/i386/floppies/bootfloppy-common/Makefile.inc" (at least
in the 1.5 release branch, I haven't checked the trunk).  Otherwise the
unpadded image will be used for 'make release' even if PAD=yes.

  Cheers
      ,
   Rene