Subject: Re: Can't detect internal Modem
To: Roman Shakin <rshakin@unixfreak.org>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/19/2000 23:36:00
> I would like to see the output of the pnpdump, that is if you have it.

I went out to the 56k.com website to see if I could ascertain the modem
type from the description below.

No such luck - Compaq doesn't even list a 336 model number in their
inventory anymore.  With more information, a definitive identification
would be possible.  There are several pointers to identifying modems
on their site.  Perhaps you could try a couple of those and see if you can
get a better handle on the problems.