Subject: Re: PCIBIOS options (was: re: CVS commit syssrc)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/19/2000 20:46:25
On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 01:35:13PM +0200, Bernd Sieker wrote:
> I have found that the PnP-BIOS is utterly broken in some laptop BIOSs
> (namely the "SystemSoft MobilePRO" BIOS), and causes the computer to
> reset immediately after the kernel has found a pnpbios.

Yep. I have one of those, a "SystemSoft" BIOS, and I'm seeing that too.
But, Windows does work, and I'm pretty sure that it uses the PnP BIOS
too, so there must be some way to get it to work (or detect that it's
broken and not use it, at least).

> I was also having big trouble getting PCMCIA NE2000-cards to work if I
> have CardBus enabled (with "pcmcia* at cardslot?"); with a "pcmcia* at
> pcic?"

On what kind of cardbus bridge was that? Not the "O2 Micro Inc 6832" by
any chance? I'm having some problems getting that to work as well.
I had to tell it to map memory in the legacy ISA range to make it
work with a 3c589D card. Now I'm trying a 3c575 (cardbus card), but
it's hanging somewhere.

- Frank