Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/18/2000 21:23:54
On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 09:14:40PM +0200, Soren S. Jorvang wrote:
> I think for 1.5 we should leave cbb/pnpbios/pcibios disabled in
> the default kernels, but also provide a "laptop" set of install
> and generic kernels with those options enabled.

Yep. I'm overhauling the install floppies anyway, and want to add
a "laptop" install floppy plus kernels. To be able to test that,
I need things to work right on my own laptop though :-)

Fortunately, Soda-san just checked in a fix that makes the PCIBIOS
options not panic on my laptop (and I'm pretty sure it'll solve
problems for others too). Now I just need to fix the memory mapping
problems on the O2 Micro cardbus bridge. Somehow it looks like it
will only allow mappings in the normal, legacy ISA memhole
for PCMCIA cards (i.e. 0xd0000). I'm trying to see what's going
on there.

- Frank