Subject: Using mkisofs to create CD image, but without using 650MB on the hard disk?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Martin <brucem@cat.co.za>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/13/2000 16:35:10
Hi all

I am currently happily burning CDs using the mkisofs/cdrecord combination. I
am not wanting to put files from one path onto a CD, but rather files from
all over the disk in all sorts of diretories. At the moment I am first
gathering all 650MB of files into one directory path, and then running
mkisofs on that path. However, for various reasons, I can't afford to use
650MB of disk space to get second copies of all the files: I need to take
file by file and stream it into 'mkisofs' with the output going to cdrecord.

Has anyone done anything similar to this? Is there an easy way to do it with
the existing 'mkisofs', or will I need to modify it significantly?

Thanks
 Bruce Martin