Subject: Re: Freeze
To: None <jsarkes@tiac.net>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/04/2000 19:18:28
I've been suffering from massive filesystem corruption for the last few
days, over 320 entries in /usr/lost+found. Not sure why it's happening,
but I also have softdeps enabled, and my system did hang once while
shutting down X. I have a Cyrix MII 333 (at 250mhz). I just disabled the
pmap code that supposedly is causing problems on Cyrix boxes and I'm going
to see how things turn out. If not, I'm going to try disabling soft deps
and see if that helps at all.

Jared