Subject: Re: detecting internal modem + Booting from DOS
To: Gregg C Levine <hansolofalcon@worldnet.att.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/03/2000 19:59:12
On Mon, Jul 03, 2000 at 10:35:09AM -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:
> That modem is made by Boca Research. Its a Boca 14.4V.32BIS M144IW. And no
> it isn't getting a port assigned to it, at least I think not, it doesn't
> show up on the booting legend. What exactly are dmesg lines? Are they the

The dmesg command will replay the output. You can copy it by hand, OR

mount -t msdos /dev/fd0a /mnt
cp /var/run/dmesg.boot /mnt
umount /mnt

Now you have a DOS floppy you can plug into a net-connected machine for
pasting purposes.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,