Subject: Re: The i386 pmap_zero_page_uncached() problem
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Jared D. McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.yi.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/03/2000 15:42:42
On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Several users have reported problems with this, all on cyrix CPUs. I ran into
> it myself.

I had the problem on this Cyrix MII 333 with the may snapshot IIRC,
haven't been able to test it on my Cyrix MI (since I don't have a
motherboard for it).

> > I disabled the in-kernel debugger and haven't been bothered by the panics
> > since. I don't know if it has to do with the debugger or if the problem is
> > fixed.
>
> And you had them before ?
> I don't really understand what the debugger has to do with this, but it's an
> interesting data point.

I don't know if it's still happening or not (would it show up with the
debugger turned off?), but I don't get panic's and haven't ever since the
first kernel I built after the snapshot I had installed.

Jared