Subject: New Sound Card Drivers?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: The Hursts <thehursts@home.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 07/03/2000 10:39:07
Hello, my name is Ryan. I have been using NetBSD for a couple of years now
but the notebook computer my I have from work uses an audio chip that is not
currently supported. It is the Maestro 2e, Apparently on some platforms the
OSS guys have a limited working driver for this but not one that will work
with current.

I have found some documentation in a hidden directory on the is chip at
ftp://ftp.esstech.com.tw/PCIAudio/Maestro2E/ in addition I am looking into
getting documentation and a PCI card based off of this chipset. If I do have
success in this would some one with greater skill than myself be interested
in writing a driver for this?

Ryan M. Hurst
ryanh@valicert.com
ryan.hurst@home.com