Subject: recommendation for MP box ?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromír Doleček <dolecek@ibis.cz>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/30/2000 19:33:49
Hi,
I'm considering buying a MP-capable box, though only dual-processor. Two
motherboards I'm considering so far are
	Gigabyte 6BXD 440BX (Dual2xS1)
	Abit BP6 i440BX  (2xPPGA, ATA66)

Do you have any good experiences with other motherboards
or any bad experience with these ones ? Bill's SMP code has been
tested on BP6 so far, right ?

Since this is designed to be just dual processor box, I'd probably
go with Celerons, the price different is very tempting :) The
difference between them is the processor cache size only, right ?
Does the cache size make the actual processor speed so different ?
For example, I can get 566 or 533 MHz Celeron for like $US 110 and
Pentium II 350 SECC2 is for like $US 170, so Celeron seems like better choice.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>      http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
@@@@  Wanna a real operating system ? Go and get NetBSD, damn!  @@@@