Subject: Re: How to find network device...
To: Lets Go Canes! <LetsGoCanes@webmail.bellsouth.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/29/2000 21:47:03
On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 08:46:10PM -0400, Lets Go Canes! wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> There is no ex0 in my dmesg output.  With no network interface my only option is to transcribe by hand....
>
> At any rate, the more general question is how to identify the device.  If it always displays the line with "MAC" and the MAC address, then that would be the answer I was looking for.

Well, if it's properly detected by NetBSD, 'ifconfig -a' should show it.
If not, it may appear as 'unconfigured' in the kernel boot message,
or it may not appear at all. Do you have any lines with 'unconfigured' in
the boot message ?

Maybe a kernel build with pnpbios support could help ...

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>