Subject: Re: disklabel number of partition ?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/29/2000 15:17:35
>> As an interim kludge, you can always take a partition, make a
>> filesystem in it (use as high a bpi figure as you can), make one
>> huge file that fills the filesystem, layer a vnd over that file, and
>> subpartition it.

> You could always ccd it.

Duh.  I knew I was missing something obvious.  Thanks for the clout
with the clue-by-four.

Yes, a one-element ccd should work Just Fine.  Just make sure that the
partition you're slicing up doesn't begin at the same point as either
the beginning of the disk or the beginning of the NetBSD portion of the
disk, or you may end up clashing between the `main' label and the
sub-label.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca