Subject: Re: Need information on Yamaha YMF744 DS-1S chip
To: Brian Stark <bstark@uswest.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/28/2000 22:06:47
In message <Pine.NEB.4.21.0006282334320.1160-100000@localhost>Brian Stark wri
tes
>Hello,
>
>Has anyone else had better luck at getting information from Yamaha about
>their YMF744 DS-1S chip? This is the chip used in the Sony VAIO PCG-N505VX
>SuperSlim notebook (and it is used in other computers too...).

The ALSA project has the docs.

i have not found time to do a proper ac'97 driver, but I have
fiinished th reste and setup needed to get the legacy (SB hardare
compat) working on a Sony Vaio PCG-f370.
there are 3 or 4 registers that, on go to 0 on
powerup. these need to be set to values corresponding to
port 0x220/irq5 and the OPL address, and some DMA emulation goo.

sb emulation works just fine after that.

the 754 allegedly gets all these right on chip reset.
I dunno about the DS-1E: the only one i have  is in a wiring closet.