Subject: Re: Getting awi running [was Re: ifconfig ep0 hang in -current]
To: None <briggs@ninthwonder.com>
From: Atsushi Onoe <onoe@sm.sony.co.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/27/2000 00:54:35
Oh, I've forgot about the fundamental behavior of FH!

I'm verry sorry to tell you the 'nobssid' mode for FH is NOT functional
at all...

Since FH (frequency hopping) jumps radio frequence at specified pattern,
each station within the party must be synchronized with a same clock.
For this purpose, beacons are used even in adhoc mode according to the
802.11 spec.

'nobssid' mode, used in WaveLAN/IEEE (DS) but not in 802.11 spec, should
be used in DS radio only.  Trying to extend it for FH is obviously my
fault.  Perhaps my previous testing succeeded just with (bad) luck...

I'll try to implement IBSS creation code which is required for (real)
adhoc mode.

Atsushi