Subject: Re: Compaq Armada
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Klaus Klein <kleink@uni-trier.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/24/2000 08:43:05
netbsd@arresum.inka.de (Bernd Ernesti) writes:

> On Fri Jun 23 10:24:26 2000, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:
> >
> > >My office-mate has a M700, and I would say it's a pretty standard
> > >that translates to in marketeese) works under linux so I guess it does
> >
> > The M700 should be no problem including X afaik. Klaus Klein
> > (and a few others) have NetBSD running on it afaik.
>
> But, there is no cardbus/pcmcia and audio support for it.

Regarding the latter, you might have heard this is being worked on.

> Okay, the kernel finds pcmcia and/or cardbus, but either it panics or it
> doesn't find a card.

To precise this matter some more: when using the native pcmcia at
cardbus support I'm not seeing any functional interrupts - as opposed
to using the pcmcia legacy emulation provided by the TI1450, which
works just fine for me.

As for the panics you mention, I haven't seen any of those yet.

-kjk