Subject: Re: Serial Terminal
To: Nicholas Binder <binder@SILCVALLEY.COM>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/23/2000 11:32:07
> it appears as though the getty is "picking it up" however I do not get a
> login (I hit enter on the wyse and it just goes down one line) I've messed
> with every setting I could think of. Is there something special to getting a
> serial terminal to come up ? I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this
> for me. Thanks.

First, if you want to have kernel messages on serial console too, just install
biosboot_com0 as your bootblocks
(in /usr/mdec: ./installboot -v -f biosboot_com0.sym /dev/rwd0a)

Then use something like this in /etc/ttys:

tty00 "/usr/libexec/getty std.38400"    vt420  on local secure

(and check you got a std.38400 entry in /etc/gettytab). Then set your terminal
to 38400/n/8/1 and you should be done. Obviously you'll have to adjust the
terminal type in the /etc/ttys line...

Works for me...

Martin