Subject: Templates in C++
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2@mail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/22/2000 17:27:45
For the last 6mo. I have been working with the developer on
porting IVtools to NetBSD. Now that IVtools works, and I have
some ideas for extending its use, I need to recompiel the
software with ACE (Adaptive Communication Environment by Doug
Schmidt). ACE is very template heavy.
ACE appears to compile just fine; the particular app from which
comterp_ came, ... ./Logger/client/logging_app works fine.
BUT comterp INSISTS ON SEGFAULTING! I had the developer on
my machine 2x, and today we had an interesting chat about the
problem. The only thing left to do, is to look into compilers
that will compiel the ACE templates into IVtools properly.

I saw egcs-1.1.2 in pkgtools, but when I do a "make" it says
its not ready!
How about a recent version of gcc (2.95.x)?
Is there a workaround for doing this kind of stuff with egcs-1.1.1?
Can someone out there get this code to compile?

Todd Gruhn

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com