Subject: Serial Terminal
To: 'port-i386@netbsd.org' <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Nicholas Binder <binder@SILCVALLEY.COM>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/22/2000 01:35:47
I have been trying to set up a serial terminal (wyse 60) on my netbsd 1.4.2
firewall for quite some time.
I have even tried forcing one in the kernel (even though that's supposed to
take console's place, from what I read) it was pretty straight forward
getting it going in FreeBSD (/etc/ttys cuaa0 getty std.9600, etc) however
trying to get it to go in Net has not worked for me. I'm trying to get one
working on tty00
it appears as though the getty is "picking it up" however I do not get a
login (I hit enter on the wyse and it just goes down one line) I've messed
with every setting I could think of. Is there something special to getting a
serial terminal to come up ? I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this
for me. Thanks.

NPB