Subject: SCSI Bus times out
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Todd Gruhn <tgruhn2@mail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/17/2000 10:06:39
When I start up the i386 I keep getting the following error:

sd0(aha0:0:0):timed out
sd0(aha0:0:0):timed out AGAIN

This prob started about 3 weeks ago. I have since done:

Blew out power supply with compressed fluorocarbon
Blew off all hardware
Changed the SCSI ribbon cable (had to twist it to
connect SCSI-II CD-ROM
Unhooked said SCSI CD
Recompiled kernel on the i486 without the PCI support etc
Removed the QIC-40 Tape Drive (I assumed the HD was overheating)

For your info my harware is:
i386/i387
32MB SIMMS
MICROP-4110 SCSI HD (1GB)
AHA-1542CF
Cirrus Graphics SVGA card

Does anyone see whats wrong with this picture?
Typical behavior: NetBSD boots, ping works, I can telnet in.
After 10 - 20 min, ping works, telnet hangs; I hookup the monitor
and find the "timed out" message.

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com