Subject: Re: Difficults with the modem
To: AnorEXia <anorexia@telkom.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/15/2000 00:11:48
On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 08:32:34PM +0400, AnorEXia wrote:
> Modem Davicom 33.6 PNP
> Intel 233Mhz MMX
> 32mb EDO RAM
>
> yes, openbsd does run on it!

Ok, almost standart hardware.
I already noticed I could't share interrupts on com port, I assumed it was
because the hardware didn't allow it (built-in serial port vs ISA). But if
OpenBSD can do it then it's a bug in NetBSD.
I cross-posted this to port-386, maybe someone else has an idea here.
Background: on this hardware the PnP modem gets IRQ 4 assigned, which is also
used by com0. Works with OpenBSD (also gets irq 4) but not NetBSD, I suspect
irq sharing problems as I've already seen this.

Any idea/comment ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>