Subject: Re: Lava 4-port COM PCI card
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@solidum.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/13/2000 23:22:24
    Chris> mcr@solidum.com (Michael Richardson) writes:
    >> I thought that comX did some testing to see if it had a 450,550, etc.

    Chris> Of course it does.  You'll note from your dmesg that it thinks it
    Chris> found a 16550a.

  Ah... I assumed that a blank chip would come up as being an true 8250,
or at least a 450.

    Chris> The tests which are done after the 'com' is declared to be there
    Chris> don't check the same things that e.g. the ISA probe does, though.

  I understand that part... Alas the machine is in use (console server and
lab router), so we can't reboot is nilly-willy, but I think the new changes
to pucdata.c that I did today will do the trick.

   :!mcr!:            |  Solidum Systems Corporation, http://www.solidum.com
   Michael Richardson |For a better connected world,where data flows faster<tm>
 Personal: http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html
	mailto:mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca	mailto:mcr@solidum.com