Subject: Re: mysql from package system
To: Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 <bbogart@acs.ryerson.ca>
From: Jasper Wallace <jasper@pointless.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/11/2000 22:50:26
On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999 wrote:

> I've installed mysql-server from the package system. Everything works
> fine but some scripts and man pages are missing. man mysql points to
> mysqladmin page but apropos finds nothing with that name.

When you install new man pages you need to re-build the aprops/whatis
database with 'makewhatis', see 'man makewhatis' for details.

> also the
> server.start and server.stop scripts cannot be found anywhere in the
> tree... is anyone else using mysql on netbsd or have installed from the
> package collection and is missing files?

You can get the complete list of files a package has installed with pkg_info
-v <packagename>.

After digging around with the pkgsrc stuff, it looks as if it only installs
the mysql(1) manpage. It does however install the mysql info file - try
'info mysql', it's much more extensive than the manpage ;-)

--
http://pointless.net/     : Another Great waste of bandwidth!
http://advogato.com/      : nothing to do with me, but worth a look.