Subject: Re: Cirrus Logic Card - losing textmode font
To: Jenkins, Graham K [IBM GSA] <Graham.K.Jenkins@team.telstra.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/11/2000 02:06:17
On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 12:06:02PM +1000, Jenkins, Graham K [IBM GSA] wrote:
> David, I'm still going around in circles trying to get this thing
> working. My best bet at this stage seems to be using 'wsfontload'
> to reload textmode font (Any!) after exit from an X session. Except
> I can't make it do anything. It executes OK - but nothing happens.
> And after about five calls, it doesn't execute any more.

a) Could you post the output from 'grep vga /var/run/dmesg.boot'
b) what happens if you run '/bin/sh /etc/wscons.conf' when the
     textmode is messed up?
c) Do you have multiple consoles enabled? (ttyE[1-3] on in /etc/ttys)
     Is the font messed up in all of them, or just one/some?

> So - how does one use 'wsfontload' ??  G.

There's an example on the manpage. Then I believe you need to use
wsconscfg to select the font you 'named' with wsfontload. The
step in b) should do that for you. (I think)

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,