Subject: Re: Zenith Zstation woes
To: David Burgess <burgess@mitre.org>
From: Chris <talon16m@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/09/2000 01:01:19
on 6/8/00 11:02 AM, David Burgess at burgess@mitre.org wrote something like:

> Chris wrote:
>>
>> Hiya,
>>
>> I recently brought home an old Zenith Zstation VP (486DX2/66, 16MB RAM)
>> and added a WD 4GB HD, 3Com 3C509 NIC, SB 16 Pro compatible sound card and a
>> PnP UDS IS11 SCSI card (Domex/DTC 436P/318x). I installed NetBSD 1.4.2 on
>> it, but I've run into a few problems, basically:
<snip>
>> 2.) This system has an onboard PS/2 mouse and keyboard connector, but only
>> the keyboard gets detected and attached (AFAICT). dmesg output posted at the
>> end of the message. I have XF86 pointing to /dev/wsmouse0 , but nothing gets
>> attached to that device.

> Your mouse is on the opms device.  Make that your mouse device and see
> what happens.

    Actually there is no opms* device in my /dev or anywhere in the MAKEDEV
scripts. I think it's either  a typo or it got left out of the MAKEDEV
script? Using pms0 works great. Thanks!

>> 3.) The DTC 318x SCSI card gets detected (PnP), but says it's not
>> configured. Does anyone know offhand if there is a driver running for it in
>> -current or is it already written and I just have to compile it into a 1.4.2
>> kernel?

> I didn't see this controller listed in your output.

    I have no idea why it wasn't detected this time at boot. I've been
fooling with IRQ's, ports, and DRQ's for the last two days trying to get a
configuration that works right in both Windows and NetBSD *ARG!*, maybe I
stomped on something. Anyway the *usual* attach code from dmesg is the
following:

fd0 at fdc0 drive 0: 1.44MB, 80cyl, 2 head, 18 sec
isapnp0: read port 0x203
isapnp0: <DTC436E, DTC436E, , > port 0x240/32 irq 11 not configured
biomask c040 netmask c440 ttymask d4c4

    Well that solves two out of the three mysteries, thanks for your help.

    Chris