Subject: Re: Windoze Longfilenames on CD.
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/07/2000 18:31:21
At 11:07 PM 6/7/00 +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>I suspect you're using NetBSD 1.4.x, rigth ?
>Then you need to convince CD Creator to create a CD using the Rockridge
>extention, instead of Joliet (Microsoft's own extention).
>-current can read both Rockridge and Joliet.

There is/was one small problem with even -current, though (last time I
checked this was a bit over 2 months ago - you may remember the
conversation; don't know if it's changed since): If you have a CD that has
*both* Joliet and RockRidge directory stuff on it, it appears that Joliet
is preferred (or mixed up with RockRidge) by the system, resulting in
non-working symlinks, and improper matching of filenames that differ by
letter case alone. This can be cured by specifically telling mount_cd9660
to ignore Joliet extensions when mounting a CD known to have both, but it
would be nice if it was handled automatically.