Subject: Re: running XFree86 4.0 on -current?
To: Jeff McMahill <jmcm@FRC2.frc.ri.cmu.edu>
From: Jeff Rizzo <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/06/2000 15:41:53
On Tue, Jun 06, 2000 at 06:09:18PM -0400, Jeff McMahill wrote:

> I just went through this a few days ago, so here's what I figured
> out:
>
> Mouse problem:
> Use "wsmouse" for the protocol.
> Use "/dev/wsmouse0" for the device.  For some reason "/dev/wsmouse"
> doesn't work.

The reason for this might be one of the following:

1)  You don't have the mouse attached to a wsmux device  (man wsmux)

2)  rc.wscons didn't run for some reason.

The wsmux devices allow multiple mouses (wsmouse0, 1, 2, etc) to combine
their input to appear to X as a single device (/dev/wsmouse).  If it's
not configured properly, only the numbered device (/dev/wsmouse0 in this
case) will work.

+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz