Subject: Re: Windoze Longfilenames on CD
To: Mike Sienicki <mike@cpdist.com>
From: Federico Lupi <flupi@mclink.it>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/06/2000 10:28:42
Mike Sienicki wrote:
> I would like to be able to make a NetBSD installation CD-ROM using
> Adaptec's CD Creator running under Windoze95 and be able to have long
> filename support after mounting the disk on a NetBSD system.  I can see
> long filenames under Windoze95, but, I can't seem to mount the CD on my
> NetBSD system in a way that I can get past the 8.3 filename truncation.  Is
> there anyway to do this?

I don't think it's possible with Easy CD Creator.  To get long filenames
under NetBSD you need ISO 9660 + Rock Ridge extensions and I don't know
if there are Windows programs that support this.

(Under NetBSD use mkisofs/mkhybrid + cdrecord.)

--
Federico Lupi

Home page
    http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/