Subject: Re: Sendmail and receiving email on network
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce Anderson <brucea@spacestar.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/06/2000 00:47:37
Get your self a book and read up on the function of
MTA's and MUA's.

http://www.sendmail.org/email-explained.html

sendmail, 2nd Edition
<http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/sendmail2/noframes.html>

Essential System Administration, 2nd Edition
<http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/esa2/noframes.html>

TCP/IP Network Administration, 2nd Edition
<http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/tcp2/noframes.html>

DNS and BIND, 3rd Edition
<http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns3/noframes.html>

On Sun, Jun 4, 2000 6:29 PM, Ben Bogart - FMPM/F1999
<mailto:bbogart@acs.ryerson.ca> wrote:
>I've set up a domainname and am having it pointed at my IP address but I
>can't seem to receive mail. I've looked at the mail and sendmail man
>pages but am not clean on weather sendmail also deals with mail coming
>into the server. I can send mail just fine from the server but no mail
>can be received. Can anyone suggest a good doc that goes through the
>steps? The machine is on a network and everything else is working fine,
>just can;t get email to the users. I've tried sending with the IP adress
>directly still with no change.
>
>Thanks
>

>B. Bogart
>Convergent Media Designer
>Through scientific absolution we move further and further away from
ourselves.

  " Stamp out root login's .  .  .  . su "
    --Bruce Anderson  Computer Programming/Networking
      Student DCTC