Subject: Identifying Hardware using SuperProbe
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Riaz Janjua <janjua_riaz@hotmail.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/05/2000 21:08:08
I installed NetBSD (1.4) from CD sent by Cheap Bytes on my machine. I
believe it is 1.4.2. It also includes XFree86.3.3.3.1.
I am tried to configure X on the machine using XF86Config, which I created
in /etc directory using xf86config command. But it was failing. Through some
search I found 'SuperProbe' command to check for the hardware. When I run
this command, I get the following message

SuperProbe: Cannot open /dev/vga nor /dev/ttyv0

I checked in /dev and these don't exist in the directory.

How I will creat these drivers i.e. /dev/vga and /dev/ttyvo in /dev
directory.

I believe that I also have problem with pointer device. How to create driver
for mouse.

Please give me step by step procedure, because I am an application developer
and don't have enough knowledge about sys admin.

Reagrds

Riaz Janjua