Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/03/2000 07:39:41
On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 11:23:26PM +0900, itojun@iijlab.net wrote:

 > >  When allocating new PT pages during early bootstrap (i.e. before
 > >  pmap_init() has finished), make sure to zero them.
 >
 > 	it seems to me that some of recent changes around here broke APM on
 > 	IBM notebook machines.  I'm still wondering which is the genuine
 > 	source.  see PR10271.  do people with IBM thinkpad doing fine with
 > 	the above change?

This code path is only used on large memory systems when additional
page tables are needed.

Your APM problem is somewhere else.  Note that I move where the IDT
is located with my ACPI memory map changes.  Try puttint it back at
then end of RAM like it used to be and see if that fixes your APM
problem.

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>