Subject: Re: install problems with bootmenu and X11/wscons, and a
To: Eric McWhorter <emcwhorter@xsis.xerox.com>
From: Steven Grunza <steven_grunza@ieee.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/31/2000 17:38:41
I haven't been following this thread but:

If you have a 3.5" or 5.25" floppy disk, you can boot into DOS.  Just
create a DOS 6.x boot floppy, add the NetBSD dosboot, and create an
AUTOEXEC.BAT that will call dosboot to read the kernel from your hard drive.

Whether or not you want to spend the $$$ to buy MS-DOS or not is your
choice but if you can boot from a floppy (and a PC should be able to), then
you have the option.