Subject: Re: Possible PCI bus problem with K7 or KX133 chipset
To: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
From: Witold Wnuk <ww181302@zodiac.mimuw.edu.pl>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/30/2000 12:17:33
On 30 May 2000, Matthias Scheler wrote:

> 	Hello,
>
> since I replaced my Pentium II 400 on a BX board with a Athlon-2 700 on a
> KX133 board two of my PCI cards are causing trouble:
> [...]
>
> 2.) bktr(4) fails to display a life picture in full PAL resolution.
>     Only the left half of the picture appears, the right half only
>     contains a bit of garbage.
I have similar problem with two years old VIA motherboard. Same
configuration works with W2000 without problems (1280x1024 - however I'm
not sure if all data is transfered thru PCI, or is low resolution image
transfered and zoomed by backend-scaler on graphics card).

I have other problems with PCI on this board, like:
   any access to AGP card (Matrox G200) hogs the bus so audio is distorted
   and serial ports overrun (setting pci_retry in XF86Config helps a bit
   but not much)

> So I wonder if NetBSD has a problem with PCI which is either related
> to the Athlon or the KX133 chipset. What could cause this? And are
> other people experiencing similar problems?

Is KX133 a VIA chipset?

BTW, I remember somebody pointed to some VIA BIOS sources or
documentation, but the files were no longer there after few days. Has
anybody had a look at it?

Greetings,

	Witold J. Wnuk