Subject: RE: configuring /dev/ttyE0 for vt0 after kernal build
To: 'David Maxwell' <namille2@vt.edu>
From: Jenkins, Graham K [IBM GSA] <Graham.K.Jenkins@team.telstra.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/29/2000 09:14:55
	>On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 09:31:10PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
	>> Ah, when I read the comment above the pc0 and vt0 consoles
options in the
	>> config file I took it that I needed at least one of them. It
didn't mention
	>> any conflicts with wscons. But, I now have most things working.

	>Point taken. The comment could use clarification.

	The whole 'wsconsole' thing could do with some clarification!  I
have been
	trying for a week to figure how to use 'wsconsole', 'wsfontload' or
anything
	else - to restore a console font (any console font!) after exit from
an X
	session.  And I still haven't got anywhere.  Help!

	The loss of font is apparently a known fault with Cirrus Logic cards
- and
	the README suggests using a couple of Linux things like 'setfont',
'runx'
	and 'restorefont'.  There must be a way of doing the same stuff with
NetBSD -
	or is this an instance where NetBSD hasn't the same capabilities as
Linux ..

	G.