Subject: Re: configuring /dev/ttyE0 for vt0 after kernal build
To: Matthew Miller <namille2@vt.edu>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/27/2000 01:02:01
On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 09:31:10PM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Ah, when I read the comment above the pc0 and vt0 consoles options in the
> config file I took it that I needed at least one of them. It didn't mention
> any conflicts with wscons. But, I now have most things working.

Point taken. The comment could use clarification.

> Well, XFree86 and my ps/2 mouse are not getting along. The movement is very
> erratic, move the mouse a bit and the pointer shoots across the screen and
> highlights everything in the xterm!
>
> I think I'm going to try opms and see how it acts. The hardware I'm using is
> an old IBM Valuepoint 486 circa 1994 all ISA and a ps/2 busmouse. Has anyone
> experienced these mouse problems before?

What is your Pointer type in /etc/XF86Config?

If you run xf86config, pick wsmouse as your pointer type, and use the
/dev/pms0 device.

Erratic mouse movement means you're set on the wrong mouse protocol.
(right port though)

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive