Subject: Re: configuring /dev/ttyE0 for vt0 after kernal build
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Miller <namille2@vt.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/26/2000 23:57:55
On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 08:45:46PM +0200, Bernd Sieker wrote:
> On 26.05.00, 13:54:02, Matthew Miller wrote:
>
> Btw, did you tell us, which version you're using? I cannot find "pms*
> at vt" in either 1.4.2 nor -current config files.

Oh, sorry but its 1.4.2. Well about the config files I'm just copied
GENERIC and edited the copy

> Do not try to use parts of vt together with parts of wscons. Use
> _only_ wscons.

Yeah, from the config file comments I thought I needed either pc or vt and
nothing was said excluding them if using wscons. But I know better now :)

> According to the opms man pages, opms also uses the /dev/pms0 device
> node. for X11, use that and use the "busmouse" protocol in the Xserver
> configuration.

Well, I've tried both opms and pms (with PS/2 and BusMouse options for both
just for completness) and X doesn't work with either. Though the best
results where with pms. I know this is vague but I don't know what to make
to the problems...

Thanks for the help everyone. I do have my virtual consoles working now
though!

Matthew

--
There's no use being precise about something
when you don't even know what you're talking about.