Subject: configuring /dev/ttyE0 for vt0 after kernal build
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Miller <namille2@vt.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/26/2000 11:35:55
Hi Everyone,

I rebuilt my kernal to use the virtual console drivers. Well, after bootup I
get this message: getty: /dev/ttyE0: device not configured.

I've checked the man pages for getty and gettytab and the faq's but, I'm
just not certain how to configure ttyE0 (or where to start!). Here is what I
think might be relevant from dmesg:

vt0 at isa0 port 0x60-0x6f irq 1
vt0: unknown s3, 80 col, color, 8 scr, mf2-kbd, [R3.32]
opms0 at vt0 irq 12
vt0: console

My vidio card is a S3 864. Oh! I also have a ps/2 bus mouse which is
detected as opms0. What device does this appear under? There are no
/dev/opms* devices.

Thanks,

Matthew

--
"Attention to health is life's greatest hindrance." - Plato
"Plato was a bore." - Friedrich Nietzsche