Subject: aha + pentium random hangs (1.4.2)
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Hermanni Teppo <jate@UWasa.Fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/24/2000 12:31:52
Hello all!

I have a really weird problem here:
A pentium 75 (64MB) + Adaptec 1542CF (? short card w/ floppy controller)
+ a couple of 1 GB drives (HP, Seagate).

The machine works fine normally, but when starting something
memory intensive (eg. something else than bash) like kernel
compilations + X + something else (and still staying below 64MB) the
machine just hangs solid. This happens after some disk activity and
after that the disk active leds are all on and the machine is locked.
Entering ddb doesn\'t work either, so it\'s always hard reset time.

The bus is terminated correctly, cables are known to be good (I even
tried changing them, to no avail), memory is known to be good.

Any ideas where to start ? At this point I would kill for just a core dump:)

--
Jarkko Teppo
jate@uwasa.fi