Subject: Re: puc card
To: Tobias Seiler <tobi@themaster.de>
From: Soren S. Jorvang <soren@wheel.dk>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/23/2000 01:15:12
On Tue, May 23, 2000 at 01:12:51AM +0100, Tobias Seiler wrote:
> I have to get a supported PCI i/o card with to parallel ports because the
> old ISA card I got working is really damn slow, no matter if use lpaX or
> lptX drivers (lpaX is a little faster).

Note that a lpt at puc isn't likely to be all that much faster,
mostly because our lpt driver doesn't support ECP.

You are probably better off getting a USB<->1284 adapter widget,
which will push the ECP stuff off into hardware. They aren't
too expensive, and neither are PCI OHCI USB cards if needed.

--
Soren