Subject: Re: NetBSD/386 newbye + PS2 mouse problems
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <jjgarcia@ind-cr.uclm.es>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/19/2000 09:11:43
Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de> writes:

> [spanish keyboard]
>
> > It seems that one could use
> > wsconscfg or wsconsctl to remap the keyboard, but the man pages
> > are not very explicit about how it should be done.
>
> There is an example in wsconscfg(8) - at least one which
> tells how to map a keysym to another.

Such example is missing. At least in my man pages and in those
from NetBSD.org's search engine.

> So if a spanish keyboard had eg the character "T" where
> other keyboards have a "C", you would have to type:
> /sbin/wsconsctl -w map+="keycode 46 = t T"
> You get a list of the keycodes and the keysyms assigned
> with "wsconsctl map".

I managed to make file which load those differences. It is
included below. The only problem which remains is that of
ALT. I cannot remap it so that it works with Emacs. Besides
Emacs doesn't seem to like NetBSD's unicode input. Apart
from that, everything else seems ok.

Thanks a lot,

	Juanjo

--