Subject: ipmon logs
To: 'port-i386@netbsd.org' <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Steve Paul <stevep@mccue.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/18/2000 12:50:14
Greetings,

I do not know if this is i386 specific, but what I'm noting as
a difference between 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 is the following:

When using ipmon with the -n option, 1.4.2 no longer appears
to be reporting service ports by name, even though they are
valid in /etc/services.  Example:

1.4.1 ipmon log might look like:
 ... site.domain.com, netbios-dgm -> othersite.domain.com, netbios-dgm ...

whereas 1.4.2 is simply:
 ... site.domain.com, 138 -> othersite.domain.com, 138 ...

Not the most crucial bug, but my scripts that perform greps on
ipmon logs started to get REAL quiet.. so I noticed it.  I already
quadruple checked /etc/services.  It's unmolested/stock with no
modifications from the original distribution and I see no typos/errors
or blank lines that might be throwing queries off.

I'm using a different log than default.  My ipmon options are:
ipmon -n /var/log/ipmon.log

Am I missing something or some new configuration to perform
this?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Ciao!
-Steve