Subject: Can't install LILO
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Agbaglo <byteshifter@shifted-bytes.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/16/2000 16:24:14
Hi !

I just bought the NetBSD 1.4.1 Double-CD. It can be booted w/o any
trouble, the installation succeeds, but then the machine can't boot from
HD.

I have an old ASUS board w/ a Pentium, an IBM 4.3 GB HD and a Tekram
390U (Controller).

It doesn't matter whether I'm accepting the suggested values
(cylinders,heads,sectors) from the install programm, go through the
"auto-detection" or type in the values from pfdisk.exe after having
cleared the mbr

Depending on the method: The machine hangs at "LI", complains that no
operating system is installed or or simply resets after having accessed
the HD

aaaaaarrrrgh !