Subject: removed XSERVER from GENERIC
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: John Hawkinson <jhawk@MIT.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 05/14/2000 21:18:38
For the record:

| Module Name:	syssrc
| Committed By:	jhawk
| Date:		Mon May 15 01:12:07 UTC 2000
|
| Modified Files:
| 	  syssrc/sys/compat/linux/arch/i386: linux_machdep.c
|
| Log Message:
| Remove conditionalization upon XSERVER -- all the code
| so conditionalized is already conditionalized on (NWSDISPLAY > 0),
| so is wscons-specific. wscons has no conditionalization on XSERVER;
| neither should the linux compatibility code.
|
| Removing this is necessary to keep linux X server emulation functionining
| after GENERIC rev 1.337 removing "options XSERVER" (relegating it
| to the pccons/pcvt-specific, and therefore depricated).

The idea being to remove clutter from GENERIC. Also, XSERVER_DDB
was just confusing to have there (given it's non-effect). I'd
missed linux_machdep.c's reference to it, but it seems to have
been completely unnecessary and extraneous. So now removed so
that linux X servers still work.

Any after-the-fact objections?

--jhawk